Session Date: April 21, 2021
Session Description: CARE’s COVID-19 response has directly reached 27 million people in 69 countries. CARE quickly adapted the Rapid Gender Analysis tool as a tool to identify key issues contributing to gender inequalities and informing approaches to gender transformation for the COVID-19 context. Rapid Gender Analyses have been conducted for COVID-19 in more than 60 countries, including in the United States. Presenters will show results from rapid gender analyses on COVID-19 conducted in the US, Southern Africa, West Africa, and South Asia. The presenters will highlight top concerns identified by women as well as program adaptations to address the issues raised. This session will also highlight findings from the US domestic Rapid Gender Analysis.
- CARE’s Rapid Gender Analysis Tool
- She Told Us So: Rapid Gender Analyses (RGA) Closing the Data Gaps to Build Back Equal
- CARE Evaluation Library highlighting Rapid Gender Analyses conducted during COVID-19
- Domestic Rapid Gender Analysis conducted in United States
- Cox’s Bazar Rapid Gender Analysis conducted during COVID-19
- Listening Exercises conducted during COVID-19 in West Africa